Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Joy

All lit up outside - looks great, Derek!
Waiting to open presents on Christmas Eve

Daddy said to wait on the stairs


Cookin' up something great!



A beautiful Christmas Day to test out the new BIKE!


We have had such a wonderful Christmas with our little family. It's been a hectic couple of months leading up to it, with our fair share of ups and downs. We feel so lucky to have our happy little family, healthy and happy here in Virginia. I think Derek and I have been more excited for this Christmas than ever before, knowing the ages of our kids and how they would react on Christmas morning. I feel like I had played it in my head over and over for the last few weeks. Tate has been so excited this year - knowing exactly what it meant that Santa would be coming and trying so hard to be good, and running down to find Harrison the elf every morning. Avarie could only mimick Tate's excitement since she had no idea what all this Santa, Christmas, present stuff was. (Nevermind she's been with me while I've done almost all the shopping. Guess this is the last year for that, huh?) So, we knew that they would both be thrilled Christmas morning.
It was everything we hoped for and I think Derek and I sat there for over an hour just watching them before Tate turned around and asked if we were ever going to open our presents too. So, here's some pictures of Christmas morning . . . happy kids, happy mom and dad!

Hope you all had a magical and Merry Christmas with your families too!!!


No comments: