Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September ~ gone in a flash! (2)

Tate started preschool the week after Labor Day and is thrilled to be in Four Year Old School this year. He goes Monday through Thursday for a couple hours and loves his teachers Ms. Tina, Ms. Brooke and Mr. Anthony. Avarie had a tough time adjusting to waking up before 8 AM everyday and spending time without "my tot" as she calls Tate. Of course, Tate is up at 6:30 every morning and barely even turns around to say Goodbye when we drop him off.
Amy was still visiting so I was lucky to be able to be in the picture with Tate. And below is Tate M. and Tate C. Many of you have heard my story about choosing an original name and then meeting another Tate in our neighborhood who goes to the same preschool. They are both great kids and we couldn't have chosen a better name for either of them! I am so AMAZED at how much Tate is learning and can't believe the things he shows me, tells me and wants to try. (More on that in another post.)
Another big event in September was Derek and Tate's triumph over Bowser in Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii. This has been part of their weekend time together since we got the Wii last Christmas and they have battled their way through countless galaxies together. It is a blast to listen to them and watch Tate jump around with excitement. Well, they finally beat Bowser which is the Battle Royale if you will. I didn't have video games growing up (maybe that went with Barbies) and I have yet to beat any game; I just try to play long enough to compete. But the Wii has been fun for all of us and I love watching Tate learn about winning and losing when we play. He hates to lose on the Wii just as much as he hates to lose at Chutes and Ladders, Uno, or Memory. But, he has to learn; don't we all?
Congratulations, boys, and I'm sure there will be many more games to come!


No comments: